httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Fritsch ...@sfritsch.de>
Subject Re: Questions on open ports between trunk and 2.4.x
Date Tue, 31 Jan 2012 21:11:10 GMT
On Tuesday 31 January 2012, Jim Jagielski wrote:
> Stefan, as the main proponent of the APLOG changes, do you have
> cycles to review and complete the below??
>
> On Jan 31, 2012, at 10:07 AM, Rainer Jung wrote:
> > 2) log tags
> > ===========
> >
> > r1209743 | sf | 2011-12-02 23:26:54 +0100 (Fri, 02 Dec 2011) | 3
> > lines Add APLOGNO() macro for unique tags for every log message.
> > Add some scripts to make adding these tags easier.
> >
> > This has only been backported partially. The directory
> > docs/log-message-tags is mising in 2.4.x as well as the
> > update-log-tags and update-log-msg-tags targets in Makefile.

This is intentional and not for backport. The log tags should be
consistent between trunk and the branches, so there can be only one
"docs/log-message-tags/next-number" file, and that resides in trunk.
That means if an error message is introduced in 2.4 but not in trunk,
the next-number file in trunk should be updated.

But there should probably be a docs/log-message-tags/README file in
2.4 that explains this. I will write something when I have time. But
as a non-code change, this is not that urgent.