httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Fritsch ...@sfritsch.de>
Subject Re: trunk/2.4 core output filter is broken
Date Mon, 23 Jan 2012 20:39:38 GMT
On Monday 23 January 2012, Joe Orton wrote:
> > > Good catch on ctx->bytes_in. I'd add: why is
> > > core_output_filter_ctx_t in a public header?
> >

> > There is no good reason other than that other core filter structs
> > like  core_filter_ctx and core_net_rec are exposed, too. And
> > those are actually used by the winnt MPM. I would prefer if all
> > these structs were private and core_filters.c would provide an
> > API to allocate them from the winnt MPM and add additional
> > buckets to the input brigade.
>
> Yes!  I totally agree.
>
> > Is this something we should still do for 2.4.x (iff 2.4.0 is not
> > released)?

Attached is a simple patch to hide core input/output filter contexts.
The core_net_rec stays public. Obviously the winnt part is not tested
at all. The mod_ftp part compiles (after changing c->remote_ip
everywhere), docs are still missing.

This patch allows us to later add members to core_ctx_t without
breaking binary compatibility to mod_ftp. Without such a patch, the
size of core_ctx_t is part of the ABI, which is bad.

Opinions?