httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Fritsch ...@sfritsch.de>
Subject Include strangeness
Date Sun, 22 Jan 2012 18:14:29 GMT
Apart from the fact that the docs to Include do not match the code and
IncludeOptional is not documented at all, the way Include interacts
with directory wildcards is a bit strange:

I have conf/extra/httpd-userdir.conf and a directory conf/original
(without httpd-userdir.conf in it). This makes

Include conf/*/httpd-userdir.conf

fail with

httpd: Syntax error on line 481 of /usr/local/apache2/conf/httpd.conf:
Could not open configuration file
/usr/local/apache2/conf/original/httpd-userdir.conf: No such file or
directory

even though the whole Include statement does match one file. I think
this makes directory wildcards a lot less useful with Include. Is this
intentional or an implementation quirk? Of course, one can always use
IncludeOptional...

BTW, does anyone have some free cycles to fix the docs?