httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Orton <jor...@redhat.com>
Subject trunk/2.4 core output filter is broken
Date Fri, 20 Jan 2012 16:52:10 GMT
The main loop in the core output filter (rewritten since 2.2) will try
to read the entire passed-in brigade into RAM for CGI/PIPE-like mutating
bucket types.  :( :( We have trying to bash this kind of bug since 2.0.x
days, and now the *core output filter* itself is doing it, yegads.

The fix may be as simple as adding an appropriate "break" to the loop,
I'm not sure yet.  It should be doing the non-block read, FLUSH & retry
thing as well, so that streaming from slow generators works properly.

prefork/mod_cgi, serve this as "nph-killme.pl" and wait for the
fireworks:

!/usr/bin/perl

print "HTTP/1.0 200 OK\r\n";
print "Transfer-Encoding: chunked\r\n";