httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Sander Temme <scte...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Time for 2.4.0 GA??
Date Mon, 16 Jan 2012 06:15:54 GMT

On Jan 12, 2012, at 2:24 AM, Steffen wrote:

> We have at least 4 hard bugs in 2.3.16.   Known for a long time, and no need to exposure
more for these.

Are they listed in STATUS under the Release Showstoppers section?  That currently only lists
the need to remove undocumented modules as showstopper, and I believe we have even booked
some progress on that one.  Going by STATUS, things do indeed look stable, good and happy.

This is not so much for folks like yourself who are intimately familiar with these bugs, but
more for the rest of us who don't use Windows and may never encounter the problems.

> Fine a GA, with a big note that it is not ready for Windows and advising to run 2.2.21
as proven stable.

I would hate that: we have lots of users on Windows and I'd like to enable them to use the
latest, greatest.

S.

> So not happy with 2.4.
>

> Op 11 jan. 2012 om 16:37 heeft Jim Jagielski <jim@jaguNET.com> het volgende geschreven:
>
>> Things look stable.
>> Things look good.
>> Things look happy.
>>
>> Sooooo are we ready to finally make this happen??
>> I offer to RM.

PGP FP: FC5A 6FC6 2E25 2DFD 8007  EE23 9BB8 63B0 F51B B88A

View my availability: http://tungle.me/sctemme