httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Noel Butler <noel.but...@ausics.net>
Subject Re: Time for 2.4.0 GA??
Date Thu, 12 Jan 2012 00:26:15 GMT
On Wed, 2012-01-11 at 18:00 -0600, William A. Rowe Jr. wrote:

> On 1/11/2012 5:51 PM, Noel Butler wrote:
> > On Wed, 2012-01-11 at 14:41 -0600, William A. Rowe Jr. wrote:
> >
> >> cycles have taught us users aren't adopting our 2.odd releases.  Sigh.
> >
> > This is likely a carry over from the old days of the kernel, no-one dares run a
major.odd
> > on production boxes :)
>
> Which is why I've been hinting at 2.4.0-beta, but I don't the the message
> is received.  Maybe I'm being too opaque?

I'm all for that, better to nut out as much as possible before declaring
a new version as "recommended  GA".
Please lets not get into the mindset of certain distros where release
often is a policy even when its not ready with bugs - release when
stable and proved, is far far far better.

Also, in relation to the windows stuff, I think Jim's suggestion is most
appropriate in the absence of more windows users to test.