httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Bannister <is...@jellybaby.net>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache httpd 2.4.0
Date Tue, 17 Jan 2012 19:39:25 GMT
On 16 Jan 2012, at 22:31, Stefan Fritsch wrote:
On Monday 16 January 2012, Tim Bannister wrote:
>> $ ./configure --with-included-apr
>> …
>> Configuring Apache Portable Runtime library ...
>>
>> configuring package in srclib/apr now
>> /bin/sh: /home/isoma/src/httpd-2.4.0/srclib/apr/configure: No such file or directory
>> configure failed for srclib/apr
>>

>> This looks like what I'd expect if building from Subversion, but for a release my
understanding is that APR should be bundled with httpd and “just work” with that command
line. With httpd 2.2.21 the same command line completes I as expected.

> There has been a change in 2.3/2.4: You need to download and extract the *-deps tarball
as well if you want to use --with-included-apr.

I've added http://wiki.apache.org/httpd/FAQ#I_get_an_error_about_.22configure_failed_for_srclib.2BAC8-apr.22
but it would be nice to make the same information more easily available.

--
Tim Bannister - +44 7980408788 - isoma@jellybaby.net