httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Sander Temme <scte...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Style violations
Date Mon, 09 Jan 2012 23:19:48 GMT

On Jan 9, 2012, at 11:35 AM, André Malo wrote:

> Here it's 80 chars (actually I'm use 78 personally) both about putting
> multiple editors side by side and keeping diffs readable by email clients.

I'm in much the same mode: multiple 80 char wide windows side-by-side.  I would favor keeping
the 80 char limit unless the message (code or otherwise) benefits from expression in a wider
format.  For that reason, not elated about automated post-commit enforcement.

S.

PGP FP: FC5A 6FC6 2E25 2DFD 8007  EE23 9BB8 63B0 F51B B88A

View my availability: http://tungle.me/sctemme