httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Fritsch ...@sfritsch.de>
Subject Re: Are we there yet?
Date Sun, 04 Dec 2011 15:41:30 GMT
On Sun, 4 Dec 2011, Jim Jagielski wrote:
> There seems to be a lot of renewed effort in getting 2.4/trunk is a
> really releasable state, which is all Goodness. Ideally, I'd like
> to release 2.4.0 before the end of the year, but starting off
> 2012 with a new httpd release also makes some sense as well.

I was kind of hoping for GA before Christmas...

> With all the changes, I would like to have another 'beta' release
> simply to try to work out any remaining issues, but my fear is
> that this would also encourage a lot of rework rather than
> polishing (if you get my drift). So tagging as a RC puts us in
> the more correct state of mind.

+1 for a RC ASAP. Do you have time to RM again?

Would we name that RC 2.4.0 or would we release 2.3.16 from the 2.4.x
branch?

We could also consider putting the focus more on polishing by making API
changes and large refactorings review-then-commit. Probably with the
exception of the proxy/slotmem plans that were already put forward on the
list.

I would also like to know what more people think about the error message
tag thing? AAUI Rich, Graham, and myself are for including it in 2.4 now,
while Nick prefers to wait. If we decide to wait, it should maybe be
reverted from trunk, too, to make merging of commits to 2.4 easier.