httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: Are we there yet?
Date Sun, 04 Dec 2011 17:40:30 GMT

On Dec 4, 2011, at 10:52 AM, Graham Leggett wrote:

> On 04 Dec 2011, at 5:41 PM, Stefan Fritsch wrote:
>
>> I was kind of hoping for GA before Christmas...
>
> +1.
>
>> We could also consider putting the focus more on polishing by making API changes
and large refactorings review-then-commit. Probably with the exception of the proxy/slotmem
plans that were already put forward on the list.

> The only thing we should be changing right now apart from low hanging fruit is API changes,
if an API is genuinely broken it needs to get fixed.

> We need to draw a line though, mod_proxy could do with a serious refactor but that has
missed the boat from v2.4 - what is important though it to make sure that during the life
of httpd v2.4, backporting isn't that onerous to do.

++1... What I've been working on re mod_proxy is ensuring that
the API for 2.4.0 is enough to allow us to support that refactoring...