httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1221668 - in /httpd/httpd/trunk: CHANGES NWGNUmakefile build/installwinconf.awk configure.in docs/conf/extra/httpd-policy.conf.in docs/conf/httpd.conf.in modules/test/config.m4 modules/test/mod_policy.c
Date Wed, 21 Dec 2011 16:52:56 GMT
On 21 Dec 2011, at 5:48 PM, Ruediger Pluem wrote:

> Ahh. Thanks for the pointer. Missed that it got set as a Warning header. I thought
> that this string got logged :-). Hence my confusion.
> Anyway shouldn't we #define 299 to a selfspeaking name like other HTTP codes such that
> this is recognized faster by the code reader?

We currently don't (mod_cache being the biggest place we use warnings), but you're right,
we should.

Ideally I'd like an API to set and test for warning codes, something like:

AP_DECLARE(void) ap_set_warning(request_rec *r, int code, const char *message);
AP_DECLARE(int) ap_is_warning(request_rec *r, int code);

Regards,
Graham