httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Felt <mamf...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: AIX porting, various levels, creating a DESTDIR build and related "issues"
Date Mon, 26 Dec 2011 21:06:11 GMT
Thank you. Just have to figure out where this fits :p. I have never really
understood libtool (:p and I wonder if libtool has ever really understood
AIX.)

What I do recall is that in apr there is a single reference to AIX
regarding shared libraries, and rather than use slibclean (shared library
clean) it performs a rm -f ${...} -- which by the way fails, even with the
-f, if a shared function is still still loaded in memory.

This gets in the way of "make install" for php which copies, then removes,
then fails to chmod the libexec/libphp*.so object. (but this is a different
question).

In the code snippet $^O is the file being "installed"? - and it is all
written perl?

Sincerely,
Michael