httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rui Hu <>
Subject questions about document_root
Date Wed, 07 Dec 2011 10:54:08 GMT
I want to modify apache core to implement a function which can achieve
following expectations:

when I request ( curl,
originally apache will get absolute address as $document_root/test.php, but
I want apache to get "$document_root/1000/test.php". Namely, apache will
parse "1000" from the request URI to form absolute address. Then php-cgi
can get this php script to execute.

Previously, I just modified PHP zend to achieve this function. But
considering that other language support would be added to the system such
as Python, therefore, modifying Web Server (apache) is a more convenient

But I'm worried that this modification will result in some unexpected
errors in some modules, and I don't know what's the best place I should
modify. Should I modify the $document_root or $request_uri ?

Really appreciate your help.

Best regards,

Rui Hu
State Key Laboratory of Networking & Switching Technology
Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications(BUPT)

View raw message