httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: Are we there yet?
Date Sun, 04 Dec 2011 01:27:45 GMT

On 3 Dec 2011, at 22:28, William A. Rowe Jr. wrote:

> On 12/3/2011 1:32 AM, Gregg L. Smith wrote:
>> On 12/2/2011 3:48 PM, Stefan Fritsch wrote:
>>> - the follwing modules added since 2.2 lack documentation
>>
>>> - mod_socache_dbm
>>> - mod_socache_memcache
>>> - mod_socache_shmcb
>>
>> These are required for SSL AFIAK, they must stay! Mentioned in the mod_ssl docks
should be
>> sufficient IMHO.
>
> It isn't.  Someone trimming their LoadModule lines

We have http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/socache.html

In the absence of actual module pages, a solution would be to create the
URLs for them, with redirection to that page.  Add appropriate links and
they're well-documented for someone reading TFM.

> can we please trash all 6 "modules" and add the code into core?

Can we please do no such thing?

Maybe for 2.6 they could take on something more like the DBD
architecture: a generic mod_socache and different backends with
a different load mechanism.  If anyone feels inspired to hack it.

--
Nick Kew