httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: Are we there yet?
Date Sun, 04 Dec 2011 13:12:31 GMT
On 04 Dec 2011, at 6:16 AM, Gregg L. Smith wrote:

> What seems to have not made it in there .. I am not against adding them to mod_ssl, since
I see no other use for these specific modules.

I see tonnes of uses for these modules. We already have mod_authn_socache in v2.4 right now,
and mod_disk_cache was renamed mod_cache disk to pave the way for the existence of mod_cache_socache
to replace mod_mem_cache.

Having a general purpose key/value store interface is a very useful thing.

>  I like that stuff has been ripped out of core and modularized , that is, what I believe,
makes the 2.4 footprint so small, load what you need and nothing more.

+1.

Regards,
Graham