httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: Are we there yet?
Date Sun, 04 Dec 2011 15:52:19 GMT
On 04 Dec 2011, at 5:41 PM, Stefan Fritsch wrote:

> I was kind of hoping for GA before Christmas...

+1.

> We could also consider putting the focus more on polishing by making API changes and
large refactorings review-then-commit. Probably with the exception of the proxy/slotmem plans
that were already put forward on the list.

The only thing we should be changing right now apart from low hanging fruit is API changes,
if an API is genuinely broken it needs to get fixed.

We need to draw a line though, mod_proxy could do with a serious refactor but that has missed
the boat from v2.4 - what is important though it to make sure that during the life of httpd
v2.4, backporting isn't that onerous to do.

> I would also like to know what more people think about the error message tag thing? AAUI
Rich, Graham, and myself are for including it in 2.4 now, while Nick prefers to wait. If we
decide to wait, it should maybe be reverted from trunk, too, to make merging of commits to
2.4 easier.

I think it should go into both, or none at all. Backporting changes will becomes a serious
pain if something as widely deployed as log messages are different between v2.4 and trunk.

Regards,
Graham