httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1215525 - in /httpd/httpd/trunk: ./ docs/manual/mod/ docs/manual/programs/ modules/debugging/ support/
Date Sat, 17 Dec 2011 20:51:02 GMT
On 12/17/2011 11:04 AM, minfrin@apache.org wrote:
> Author: minfrin
> Date: Sat Dec 17 17:03:59 2011
> New Revision: 1215525

> Log:
> mod_firehose: Add a new debugging module able to record traffic
> passing through the server in such a way that connections and/or
> requests be reconstructed and replayed.

Hmmm?  Slow down cowboy.

You called for a vote on a *subproject*.  A subproject has a very
specific definition.  apreq, mod_ftp, mod_fcgid, mod_arm4 are all
various subprojects of httpd.

None live in httpd/httpd/trunk/

I proposed instead that you directly propose mod_policy, one of the
three modules, as a core httpd module, because it already has a clear
fit and really needs little further review (improvements, sure).

I didn't see any such commentary about mod_firehose.

Issac, Jim and Sander all voted to adopt this subproject.  None of them
proposed that it be introduced into trunk.

NOBODY suggested that this proposed subproject go into trunk.