httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Proposal: adoption of mod_policy subproject
Date Wed, 14 Dec 2011 20:29:40 GMT
> On 12/13/2011 10:22 AM, Graham Leggett wrote:
>> - mod_policy: "HTTP protocol police"
>>
>> mod_policy is a set of httpd filters that detect and implement a set of HTTP protocol
checks, the idea being you declare a policy for your development and testing environments,
and requests/responses that violate the policy will either log a warning to the error_log
or explicitly fail with a suitable error message, clearly telling the developer what they
have done wrong, with the expectation that the developer fixes this before the code sees production.

> Very interesting, sounds generally useful to developers, and rounds out that
> large gap in modules/test/ that we essentially offer very little for 'testing'
> in terms of functional test modules.

To clarify, I'm +1 for directly incorporating this into httpd/trunk/modules/test/

I don't think we need an independent subproject for this particular module, it
seems rather straightforward.  Default to build-but-don't-load.  Provide an example
config under docs/conf/extra/httpd-policy.conf

Bill