httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Proposal: adoption of mod_policy subproject
Date Tue, 13 Dec 2011 18:39:25 GMT
On 12/13/2011 10:22 AM, Graham Leggett wrote:
> - mod_policy: "HTTP protocol police"
>
> mod_policy is a set of httpd filters that detect and implement a set of HTTP protocol
checks, the idea being you declare a policy for your development and testing environments,
and requests/responses that violate the policy will either log a warning to the error_log
or explicitly fail with a suitable error message, clearly telling the developer what they
have done wrong, with the expectation that the developer fixes this before the code sees production.

Very interesting, sounds generally useful to developers, and rounds out that
large gap in modules/test/ that we essentially offer very little for 'testing'
in terms of functional test modules.

> The set of policies to apply is as follows, but is expected to change with time:
>
> o Content-Type: check that it's present and valid
> o Content-Length: check that it is present and valid (used to ensure that keepalive requests
between httpd and load balancers aren't prematurely terminated by a Connection: close)

Presume this means C-L and/or T-E chunked?