httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Are we there yet?
Date Wed, 07 Dec 2011 20:40:28 GMT
I'd like to see us ship the bundled apr sources (well, I'd like to
see NO bundled apr sources, but...) to include the APR_HAS_IPV6 for
our windows apr.hw, given that all win platforms supported /today/
have support, and it works out quite well.

Of course it's a deep intrinsic change in the build (something that
didn't have to happen, but c'est la vie)... and would be incompatible
for with older httpd's and some third party modules.

To mark the auspicious occasion, what would folks think of shifting
to apr 1.5 so that post-1.4 is the dividing line, for simplicities
sake?  Or, other suggestions about bridging that divide?