httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de>
Subject Re: Windows Laundry List pt3, mod_watchdog
Date Sun, 04 Dec 2011 16:46:08 GMT
Picking up this old discussion:

> On 7/1/2011 12:26 AM, Mladen Turk wrote:
>> On 07/01/2011 06:31 AM, Gregg L. Smith wrote:
>>> Hi folks,
>>>
>>> Well, this is the same chunk of Win32 specific debugging code causing this module
>>> crash yet again.

Gregg: Can you tell us, in which line it is crashing?

>> Getting the parent pid means we we are in the child process, so we must not
>> init the parent watchdog thread (see 'return OK;')
>
> That's not how to detect it, you break -X mode.

Not sure, he wants to detect the parent. A quick look through the winnt
MPM shows the env var is generated in

static int create_process(apr_pool_t *p, HANDLE *child_proc, HANDLE
*child_exit_event, DWORD *child_pid)

so I guess it is not set when run in -X mode, which would lead to the
correct result.

> There is an ap_mpm_query to determine if this is the child.

I had a short look at the MPM queries and didn't find an obvious fit.
Are you talking about AP_MPMQ_GENERATION or which query do you mean?

I guess one could also check "parent_pid == my_pid" but as noted above
the real crash might happen somewhere else. It would be nice if Gregg
could provide further detail.

Regards,

Rainer