httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Gregg L. Smith" <...@gknw.net>
Subject Re: Are we there yet?
Date Sun, 04 Dec 2011 04:16:34 GMT
On 12/3/2011 7:54 PM, Gregg L. Smith wrote:
> On 12/3/2011 2:28 PM, William A. Rowe Jr. wrote:

>>> These are required for SSL AFIAK, they must stay! Mentioned in the
>>> mod_ssl docks should be
>>> sufficient IMHO.
>>
>> It isn't.  Someone trimming their LoadModule lines will undoubtedly
>> hit the wall trying to figure out why they couldn't just switch from
>> memcache or dbm back to shmcb.  Someone else will break there server
>> simply removing unfamiliar modules from the list, particularly one
>> which appears nowhere in the ASF HTTP Server module documents lists.
>
> Which is why I said mention them in the mod_ssl docs
>
> Say under the SSLSessionCache Directive
>
> For dbm, add a note that mod_socache_dbm is required.
> for .. well ... I see shm .. assuming "shmdb" tho I use and have
> configured as "shmdb", that mod_socache_shmdb is required .. etc.  I
> see nothing for memcache .. so looks like this needs some updating
> before GA

What seems to have not made it in there .. I am not against adding them
to mod_ssl, since I see no other use for these specific modules.  I like
that stuff has been ripped out of core and modularized , that is, what I
believe, makes the 2.4 footprint so small, load what you need and
nothing more.

Cheers,
Gregg