httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Gregg L. Smith" <...@gknw.net>
Subject Re: Are we there yet?
Date Sun, 04 Dec 2011 03:54:46 GMT
> On 12/3/2011 1:32 AM, Gregg L. Smith wrote:
>> On 12/2/2011 3:48 PM, Stefan Fritsch wrote:
>>> - the follwing modules added since 2.2 lack documentation
>>
>>> - mod_socache_dbm
>>> - mod_socache_memcache
>>> - mod_socache_shmcb
>>
>> These are required for SSL AFIAK, they must stay! Mentioned in the
>> mod_ssl docks should be
>> sufficient IMHO.
>
> It isn't.  Someone trimming their LoadModule lines will undoubtedly
> hit the wall trying to figure out why they couldn't just switch from
> memcache or dbm back to shmcb.  Someone else will break there server
> simply removing unfamiliar modules from the list, particularly one
> which appears nowhere in the ASF HTTP Server module documents lists.

Which is why I said mention them in the mod_ssl docs

Say under the SSLSessionCache Directive

For dbm, add a note that mod_socache_dbm is required.
for .. well ... I see shm .. assuming "shmdb" tho I use and have
configured as "shmdb", that mod_socache_shmdb is required .. etc.  I see
nothing for memcache .. so looks like this needs some updating before GA

However I am looking at the trunk docs ... since 2.4 is not online yet
.. in the URL I assume they will be eventually be

Cheers,
Gregg