httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Are we there yet?
Date Sat, 03 Dec 2011 00:08:53 GMT
On 12/2/2011 5:48 PM, Stefan Fritsch wrote:
> Hi,
>
> where are we WRT 2.4?
>

> Blockers:
>
> mod_proxy_scgi.c needs to be fixed for compilation with C89 (easy)
>

> The only blocker left in STATUS is this:
>
>    * Modules that are not ready for production use must be removed.
>      The same for modules without documentation.
>
> I think we have already removed the obvious candidates WRT maturity.
> About documentation, docs/STATUS has this:
>
> - modules docs
>      - the follwing modules added since 2.2 lack documentation
>          - mod_watchdog
>          - mod_heartbeat
>          - mod_heartmonitor
>          - mod_lbmethod_heartbeat
>          - mod_socache_dbm
>          - mod_socache_memcache
>          - mod_socache_shmcb
>
> Do we want to remove any of these modules?

I suspect a single doc for "mod_socache" would probably be appropriate.

I was reading http://httpd.apache.org/docs/trunk/mod/mod_slotmem_shm.html
and am rather fluxored that the authors apparently don't know the definition
of the word "anonymous" shared memory.  And there is a brand new syntax if
users want log-root-relative paths?

Why would slotmem throw away 15 years of filename argument conventions?

IMHO this must be fixed before we call it GA.  Whether that happens before
a 2.4.0 beta doesn't bother me.