httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: Are we there yet?
Date Sun, 04 Dec 2011 14:47:30 GMT

On Dec 2, 2011, at 6:48 PM, Stefan Fritsch wrote:

> Hi,
>
> where are we WRT 2.4?

There seems to be a lot of renewed effort in getting 2.4/trunk is a
really releasable state, which is all Goodness. Ideally, I'd like
to release 2.4.0 before the end of the year, but starting off
2012 with a new httpd release also makes some sense as well.

With all the changes, I would like to have another 'beta' release
simply to try to work out any remaining issues, but my fear is
that this would also encourage a lot of rework rather than
polishing (if you get my drift). So tagging as a RC puts us in
the more correct state of mind.