httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1215525 - in /httpd/httpd/trunk: ./ docs/manual/mod/ docs/manual/programs/ modules/debugging/ support/
Date Sun, 18 Dec 2011 16:45:07 GMT
On 17 Dec 2011, at 10:51 PM, William A. Rowe Jr. wrote:

> I proposed instead that you directly propose mod_policy, one of the
> three modules, as a core httpd module, because it already has a clear
> fit and really needs little further review (improvements, sure).

What you really said was:

"To clarify, I'm +1 for directly incorporating this into httpd/trunk/modules/test/

I don't think we need an independent subproject for this particular module, it
seems rather straightforward.  Default to build-but-don't-load.  Provide an example
config under docs/conf/extra/httpd-policy.conf"

Given that mod_firehose is significantly simpler than mod_policy, I am struggling to understand
given both your stated preference above, and the preferences of others already stated, why
suddenly this is a big issue.

Regards,
Graham