httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Fritsch ...@sfritsch.de>
Subject Are we there yet?
Date Fri, 02 Dec 2011 23:48:19 GMT
Hi,

where are we WRT 2.4?

Blockers:

mod_proxy_scgi.c needs to be fixed for compilation with C89 (easy)

The only blocker left in STATUS is this:

  * Modules that are not ready for production use must be removed.
    The same for modules without documentation.

I think we have already removed the obvious candidates WRT maturity.
About documentation, docs/STATUS has this:

- modules docs
    - the follwing modules added since 2.2 lack documentation
        - mod_watchdog
        - mod_heartbeat
        - mod_heartmonitor
        - mod_lbmethod_heartbeat
        - mod_socache_dbm
        - mod_socache_memcache
        - mod_socache_shmcb

Do we want to remove any of these modules?

The unique tags for log messages change is waiting for backport to
2.4. But if people would want to let it sit in trunk a bit and wait
for 2.4.1, that would be fine with me, too.

Anything else? Jim, do you consider your mod_proxy* changes finished?
Do you think they are well enough tested for an instant 2.4.0?

Graham has suggested some more refactoring for mod_proxy*. Would
certainly be nice but not a blocker.

Do we need another beta? Or just roll an release candidate tarball,
have people test a bit, and if it's good, tag 2.4.0?

Cheers,
Stefan