httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Fritsch>
Subject Re: Fwd: [users@httpd] 2.3.15-beta: module proxy_balancer requires the not automatically loaded module slotmem_shm
Date Wed, 09 Nov 2011 21:53:41 GMT

On Wed, 9 Nov 2011, William A. Rowe Jr. wrote:
> This one in from the users@ list.  It sounds vaguely familiar
> to the issue previously mentioned about win32 defaults and some
> strange dependency failure between proxy_balancer and slotmem
> providers.
> Only, this is on the bleeding edge beta posted today, and hits
> Unix (particularly with our new cleaned-up default for #LoadModule).

I talked with Rainer about this and we came to the conclusion, that we
simply should keep non-default modules commented out, even if they have
been explicitly enabled with --enable-foo. This has also the advantage
that it is more likely that the user will only enable what he currently
needs, even if he has built some additional modules he may need later.

Does anyone disagree?

View raw message