httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Plüm, Rüdiger, VF-Group" <ruediger.pl...@vodafone.com>
Subject RE: Memory Leak when working with AliasMatch and Cache
Date Wed, 09 Nov 2011 13:57:28 GMT
I don't think that this has something to do with AliasMatch. Most likely this is caused by
reading the file that should be delivered into some request pool backed
memory in order to write it to the cache. If you don't cache the file it is probably not read
by httpd but transported via a sendmail like mechanism (transferfile on Windows?).

Regards

Rüdiger

________________________________

	From: Ofer Israeli [mailto:oferi@checkpoint.com]
	Sent: Mittwoch, 9. November 2011 14:38
	To: dev@httpd.apache.org
	Subject: Memory Leak when working with AliasMatch and Cache

	Hi all,

	We have just witnessed a memory leak in the case of Apache 2.2.16 with WinOpenSSL running
on Windows when downloading a file that is served from the disk via the AliasMatch directive
and does not reside in the cache but is configured as cacheable.

	In this case, we see that the child process memory grows by the same size as the size of
the file being downloaded and the memory usage does not decline.  After this initial download,
the file is cached and when downloading the file again, there is no memory leak.

	We have also sent that when Apache is configured not to cache this file and it is served
via AliasMatch there is no leak.

	Anyone seen this before?

	Thanks,

	Ofer Israeli

	Team Leader, Endpoint Security Management

	Check Point Software Technologies <http://www.checkpoint.com/>

	* +972-3-753-4715 | M +972-54-749-0320