httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Querna <p...@querna.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1202255 - /httpd/httpd/trunk/modules/filters/mod_reqtimeout.c
Date Tue, 15 Nov 2011 17:52:32 GMT
On Tue, Nov 15, 2011 at 9:17 AM, Stefan Fritsch <sf@sfritsch.de> wrote:
> On Tue, 15 Nov 2011, pquerna@apache.org wrote:
>
>> Author: pquerna
>> Date: Tue Nov 15 15:49:19 2011
>> New Revision: 1202255

>> Log:
>> disable mod_reqtimeout if not configured
>
> Why that? We have just changed the default to be enabled in r1199447 and
> several developers at the hackathon agreed to this change.

Didn't know it was discussed in depth at the hackathon, and there
wasn't any discussion on the list....

It showed up quite quickly in my profiling of the Event MPM, because
every pull/push on the filters would cause a apr_time_now() call.

I don't really like that just by loading the module, it changes the
behavior and performance of the server so drastically.