httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1202255 - /httpd/httpd/trunk/modules/filters/mod_reqtimeout.c
Date Thu, 17 Nov 2011 13:22:57 GMT
On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 8:00 AM, Jim Jagielski <jim@jagunet.com> wrote:

> On Nov 17, 2011, at 7:32 AM, Jeff Trawick wrote:
>>
>> FWIW, using the optimized rough time from the Event listener thread
>> within mod_reqtimeout is consistently faster in my testing.
>
> Same here...

Thanks for trying it out; my individual runs of a particular testcase
were not consistent enough to get abundant warm fuzzies but it did
look good considering the ranges of runs with/without the change.

In the next couple of days I'll try to actually *read* the listener
thread code (to see if the optimization needs to be disabled during
certain intervals, like shutdown) and clean up/commit the API to
trunk.  As long as it remains an API that works even if the MPM
doesn't/can't-practically provide an optimized version, it can go into
2.4.x at any point.