httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Ames <ames.g...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: prefetch proxy
Date Thu, 03 Nov 2011 19:38:47 GMT
On Thu, Nov 3, 2011 at 1:06 PM, Jim Jagielski <jim@jagunet.com> wrote:

> On Nov 3, 2011, at 8:11 AM, Jeff Trawick wrote:
> >
> > Maybe I misunderstood, but I thought RĂ¼diger's original point was on
> > track: EAGAIN here is a bug to fix somewhere since EAGAIN from
> > blocking read is should-not-occur, and this code doesn't need to grow
> > another error path.

I worked on a bug about a year ago that turned out to be AIX intermittently
returning early from a poll() for readability on a socket, then returning
EAGAIN on the following read(). See APAR IZ81307 for the gory details.  The
input filters had a blocking option set, but we implement it with a poll()
followed by a non-blocking read().  It caused empty buckets to get passed
up the input filter chain which caused other odd symptoms.

Greg