httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] 2.3.15-beta: module proxy_balancer requires the not automatically loaded module slotmem_shm
Date Wed, 09 Nov 2011 22:53:33 GMT
Isn't the point different? If someone enables mod_proxy then the
configure script needs to ensure that mod_slotmem is also built…

On Nov 9, 2011, at 1:53 PM, Stefan Fritsch wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Wed, 9 Nov 2011, William A. Rowe Jr. wrote:
>> This one in from the users@ list.  It sounds vaguely familiar
>> to the issue previously mentioned about win32 defaults and some
>> strange dependency failure between proxy_balancer and slotmem
>> providers.
>>
>> Only, this is on the bleeding edge beta posted today, and hits
>> Unix (particularly with our new cleaned-up default for #LoadModule).
>
> I talked with Rainer about this and we came to the conclusion, that we simply should
keep non-default modules commented out, even if they have been explicitly enabled with --enable-foo.
This has also the advantage that it is more likely that the user will only enable what he
currently needs, even if he has built some additional modules he may need later.