httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: 2.4.0….
Date Tue, 22 Nov 2011 13:48:05 GMT
On 22 Nov 2011, at 3:41 PM, Jim Jagielski wrote:

> I had hoped that we could have gotten 2.4.0 out kinda soon, but
> with the wild-west kind of commits going on, there is a LOT
> of stuff changed, willy-nilly, between 2.3.15-beta and the current
> trunk on httpd-2.4...
>
> So I have to ask: is the intent to really release 2.4.0 anytime soon,
> or are is it a simple sandbox for people to play around in?

With v2.4.x being a real actual branch with the real actual intention
of being released within days or weeks, people are trying out the
betas, finding bugs and fixing them, and smoothing over rough edges.

Given that v2.4's API will be set in stone on the first release, we
need to make sure it is right.

Regards,
Graham