httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <>
Subject Re: 2.4.0….
Date Wed, 23 Nov 2011 16:27:53 GMT
There is one other mod_proxy API that I'm muddling through,
and that's related to how we add balancers to a particular
vhost (not hard, pretty much done) but, more importantly, how
we dynamically add full vhost-like reverse proxies (extending
what mod_proxy_express does)...

For example, right now, the proxypass'es are all associated
with a particular server. So conceptionally:

	  ProxyPass /img balancer://foo/
	  ProxyPass /img balancer://bar/

What I'm looking at is something that allows the top-level
server (or the catch-all vhost) to provide something like

	  ProxyPass /img balancer://bar/
	  ProxyPass balancer://example/

So a req for -> balancer://bar/apache.gif
and a req to the *same* vhost, but for
goes to balancer://example/img/apache.gif

Lots of ways to do that, and am looking at a non-evasive
way right now, but I may require some tweaking of the proxy

View raw message