httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: prefetch proxy
Date Thu, 03 Nov 2011 17:06:24 GMT

On Nov 3, 2011, at 8:11 AM, Jeff Trawick wrote:

> Maybe I misunderstood, but I thought RĂ¼diger's original point was on
> track: EAGAIN here is a bug to fix somewhere since EAGAIN from
> blocking read is should-not-occur, and this code doesn't need to grow
> another error path.

From some research, it looks like EAGAIN is possible in
inet_csk_wait_for_connect() as well as there being other
people reporting similar "can't occur but does" with
EAGAIN and reads... It looks like, at least according to
recv() that EAGAIN is what we would get if a timeout
occurs. In any case, it doesn't seem right to fail in
the *prefetch* stage if we get EAGAIN... if it is a
"real" failure, let the remaining code path get it and
handle it.