httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1208378 - in /httpd/httpd/branches/2.4.x: ./ docs/manual/ docs/manual/mod/ include/ modules/aaa/ modules/arch/netware/ modules/cluster/ modules/echo/ modules/filters/ modules/http/ modules/loggers/ modules/lua/ modules/mappers/ modules/met...
Date Wed, 30 Nov 2011 19:23:45 GMT
On 11/30/2011 5:03 AM, minfrin@apache.org wrote:

> +<td>Actual remote IP-address and port (see the
> +

I thought we had this discussion... the words "actual" and "effective"
are misnomers.  Remote peer IP is what you were attempting to say.
There are not necessarily two; we may have many intermediary hosts.
Peer IP informs the reader that it's the immediate client, and Client
IP informs the reader that it's the most remote client.  Let's not
confuse the docs with yet other pejoratives like actual/effective.