httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: setting TZ env var
Date Wed, 16 Nov 2011 21:42:39 GMT
On 11/16/2011 4:39 AM, Rainer Jung wrote:

> I'd say it is OK. I assume a "apachectl restart" would do?
> It should be expected for a long running daemon to signal it to adopt to environmental
> changes like the timezone.

Yup.  Not that the times are "wrong", they carry zone info within
the access logs.

However, our error log timestamps appear to be bullshit.  We don't
carry the timezone delta.  Ergo the DST->ST shift can't be delineated
anyways.  So the existing log time logic is broken.

+1 to the whole concept provided that error logging adopts access.log
time representation.