httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <>
Subject Re: Changes in mod_ssl
Date Mon, 14 Nov 2011 14:56:15 GMT

On 14.11.2011 05:59, Moran Jacuel wrote:
> Hello,
> Our company is an HSM manufacturer (See link for
> PrivateServer product)
> We wanted to connect apache server with SSL using our HSM to hold the
> Private RSA and Certificate.
> We downloaded apache httpd-2.2.20 and modified the module mod_ssl that
> came with the package in a generic way to work with OpenSSL PKCS#11 engine.
> Now we want to add the small code changes we made to the open source code.
> It is not clear to us if the mod_ssl is part of the Apache project or not.
> If so, can you please explain us who we need to contact and what is the
> procedure we need to follow.

Yes, mod_ssl for the Apache web server 2.x is part of the Apache web
server project.

Some notes about contributing patches are available at:

For a substantial contribution we would need a signed Contributor
License Agreement (CLA), see

In order to document the availability of a patch and track its use, I
suggest you open a bugzilla issue and attach the patch there:

For a bigger patch you can also discuss the patch on this list before or
after opening the bugzilla issue.

View raw message