httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de>
Subject Re: Fwd: [users@httpd] 2.3.15-beta: module proxy_balancer requires the not automatically loaded module slotmem_shm
Date Wed, 09 Nov 2011 22:46:51 GMT
On 09.11.2011 13:53, Stefan Fritsch wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, 9 Nov 2011, William A. Rowe Jr. wrote:
>> This one in from the users@ list. It sounds vaguely familiar
>> to the issue previously mentioned about win32 defaults and some
>> strange dependency failure between proxy_balancer and slotmem
>> providers.
>>
>> Only, this is on the bleeding edge beta posted today, and hits
>> Unix (particularly with our new cleaned-up default for #LoadModule).
>
> I talked with Rainer about this and we came to the conclusion, that we
> simply should keep non-default modules commented out, even if they have
> been explicitly enabled with --enable-foo. This has also the advantage
> that it is more likely that the user will only enable what he currently
> needs, even if he has built some additional modules he may need later.
>
> Does anyone disagree?

To recall: that would mean the LoadModule lines for the following
modules are the only ones *not* commented out in the default config
(including latest feedback):

access_compat_module
alias_module
allowmethods_module
auth_basic_module
authn_core_module
authn_file_module
authz_core_module
authz_groupfile_module
authz_host_module
authz_user_module
autoindex_module
cgid_module
dir_module
env_module
filter_module
include_module
log_config_module
mime_module
negotiation_module
reqtimeout_module
setenvif_module
status_module
unixd_module
userdir_module
version_module

plus the default MPM.

What about:

autoindex_module
cgid_module
filter_module
include_module
negotiation_module
userdir_module

Shouldn't we comment them out as well?

Concerning the AAA modules. Since there is by default no user/group
config, shouldn't we also comment out:

auth_basic_module
authn_file_module
authz_groupfile_module
authz_user_module

Finally I'm not sure about allowmethods_module. It is very useful, but
not used in the default config.

Rainer