httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rüdiger Plüm <ruediger.pl...@vodafone.com>
Subject Re: prefetch proxy
Date Fri, 04 Nov 2011 08:23:39 GMT

Am 03.11.2011 20:00, schrieb Jim Jagielski:

> On Nov 3, 2011, at 2:37 PM, Jeff Trawick wrote:
>>
>> I'm not disputing that there is some undiagnosed situation where
>> APR_ETIMEUP is seen.
>>
>> I am looking for confirmation that APR_ETIMEUP is the expected value.
>>

> It's hard to diagnose what the value should be... all I know
> is that what is being returned thru APR is EAGAIN, and this
> causes issues during the prefetch phase.

But I agree with Jeff that this looks like a bug in APR that should be fixed
there. We should NOT get an EAGAIN here. Only a timeout or something more
fatal (like a closed socket).

> For sure, even if we allow EAGAIN, if the underlying condition
> still causes a read error, we'll hit it when we really start
> reading in the body.
>
> I guess the main idea is that if we're going to prefetch, and
> I'm trying to remember why we do, then we should be more
> lenient on what we determine as an "unrecoverable" error. If
> we hit EAGAIN and/or TIMEUP, I'm find with logging it and then
> breaking out of that loop, even without any retries.

Fine with me for TIMEUP and as a temporary fix for EAGAIN. But we
should find the root cause for EAGAIN.

Regards

Rüdiger