httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: prefetch proxy
Date Thu, 03 Nov 2011 19:00:52 GMT

On Nov 3, 2011, at 2:37 PM, Jeff Trawick wrote:

> I'm not disputing that there is some undiagnosed situation where
> APR_ETIMEUP is seen.
>
> I am looking for confirmation that APR_ETIMEUP is the expected value.

It's hard to diagnose what the value should be... all I know
is that what is being returned thru APR is EAGAIN, and this
causes issues during the prefetch phase.

For sure, even if we allow EAGAIN, if the underlying condition
still causes a read error, we'll hit it when we really start
reading in the body.

I guess the main idea is that if we're going to prefetch, and
I'm trying to remember why we do, then we should be more
lenient on what we determine as an "unrecoverable" error. If
we hit EAGAIN and/or TIMEUP, I'm find with logging it and then
breaking out of that loop, even without any retries.