httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ofer Israeli <of...@checkpoint.com>
Subject RE: Memory Leak when working with AliasMatch and Cache
Date Wed, 09 Nov 2011 18:06:07 GMT
Your hypothesis sounds reasonable to me that has to do with memory that should be written to
the cache, but the question pertains why this memory is not freed once the file is written
to the cache?

Ofer Israeli
Team Leader, Endpoint Security Management
Check Point Software Technologies<http://www.checkpoint.com/>
* +972-3-753-4715 | M +972-54-749-0320

________________________________
From: "Plüm, Rüdiger, VF-Group" [mailto:ruediger.pluem@vodafone.com]
Sent: Wednesday, November 09, 2011 3:57 PM
To: dev@httpd.apache.org
Subject: RE: Memory Leak when working with AliasMatch and Cache

I don't think that this has something to do with AliasMatch. Most likely this is caused by
reading the file that should be delivered into some request pool backed
memory in order to write it to the cache. If you don't cache the file it is probably not read
by httpd but transported via a sendmail like mechanism (transferfile on Windows?).

Regards

Rüdiger