httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: Do we want to remove/deprecate mod_request?
Date Tue, 22 Nov 2011 21:50:31 GMT
On Tue, 22 Nov 2011 22:21:31 +0100
Stefan Fritsch <sf@sfritsch.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> from a cursory glance at mod_request and apreq, it seems that
> mod_request offers a subset of the functionality of apreq. Graham, is
> that correct?
>
> If we aim for inclusion of apreq some time in 2.4.x, it may be a good
> idea to not add another API for the same thing. Maybe we could
> document that mod_request is already deprecated?

If it ain't broke ...

IIRC mod_request is a simpler API to work with than apreq, and as
you also say ...

> Removing it now would be a shame because mod_auth_form depends on it.

... it has existing applications.

-1 to deprecating it unless you have compelling technical reasons.
We can remove it at a later date, but if so we should first provide
the compatible API through apreq.

--
Nick Kew