httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: rethinking connection input filter API
Date Fri, 11 Nov 2011 17:09:00 GMT

On Nov 11, 2011, at 4:25 AM, Graham Leggett wrote:

> My moon-on-a-stick would be for this to be ap_mpm_poll_connections() instead, and allow
the option to add extra connections to the poll (for something like mod_proxy and friends,
with the option to have each of these extra connections removed by registering a pool cleanup
appropriately). In theory, ap_mpm_poll_connections() would return the connection that triggered
the event somehow.

+1

> Some thoughts about async SSL handling, specifically SSL_read or SSL_write returning
WANTSREAD or WANTSWRITE, in theory EAGAIN just means "call me again", but if there was a way
to express "call me again when ready to read" (EREADAGAIN), or "call me again when ready to
write" (EWRITEAGAIN) we can do proper async SSL. Not sure how that would fit in with the stuff
above?