httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1070179 - in /httpd/httpd/trunk: CHANGES docs/manual/mod/mod_cache.xml modules/cache/cache_storage.c modules/cache/cache_storage.h modules/cache/mod_cache.c modules/cache/mod_cache.h
Date Wed, 23 Nov 2011 11:15:52 GMT
On 22 Nov 2011, at 11:58 PM, Stefan Fritsch wrote:

> From the thread, it is not clear to me that there was consensous on
> how to fix it. Therefore I would vote for reverting r1070179 from 2.4,
> fixing it in trunk, and then backporting the whole thing to 2.4 again
> (maybe after 2.4.0).

In order to make invalidation possible, we would need to add an
invalidate() function to the mod_cache provider, and keep
AP_CACHE_INVALIDATE inside ap_cache_status_e. Invalidation involves
marking the entry as invalidated and "to be freshened on next hit", as
opposed to deleted.

What I could do is back out the change, and make just the above API
changes, allowing us to backport this to v2.4 when we are ready.

This releases v2.4 to get on with it, and keeps the option open for us
to fix this properly at a future date in the v2.4 cycle when we're
ready.

Thoughts?

Regards,
Graham