httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1204200 - in /httpd/httpd/branches/2.4.x: docs/manual/mod/mod_include.xml modules/filters/mod_include.c
Date Sun, 20 Nov 2011 22:20:17 GMT
On 20 Nov 2011, at 9:37 PM, André Malo wrote:

> Wouldn't it be better to keep it, with default swapped? That would
> make the
> upgrade path easier if you're using the new feature already.
>
> I'd drop it for the next version then.
>
> Maybe issueing a deprecation warning would also be helpful.

I think that would probably be overkill, given that the feature was
only recently added to v2.2, and the upgrade path would be to simply
remove the directive. We have made far more fundamental changes to
things like aaa, so admins will already be reviewing their configs on
upgrade anyway. The existence of the directive has caused problems for
the expression parser, this should make things simpler going forward I
think.

One thing I haven't done is add it to "what's changed", I think that
will help with migration.

Regards,
Graham