httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: mod_proxy_html
Date Fri, 14 Oct 2011 08:44:43 GMT
On 14 Oct 2011, at 07:55, jean-frederic clere wrote:

> I think I prefer it in 2.4 than in a separate module.

OK, there seem to be a few folks saying that.

If we include it in 2.4 then we're making libxml2 a dependency.
That's of concern primarily to packagers, but it's a decision
we should at least take consciously.  That's why my initial
proposal made it a separate module!

Adding libxml2 could also open the way to bundling some
other great modules, such as XSLT transformations.

(note: it is now possible to use libxml2 as the the backend
for APR's XML module, though expat remains the default there).

--
Nick Kew