httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1194885 - in /httpd/httpd/trunk/modules/filters: NWGNUmakefile NWGNUproxyhtml NWGNUxml2enc
Date Sat, 29 Oct 2011 17:04:32 GMT
On Sat, 29 Oct 2011 17:58:24 +0200
Guenter Knauf <fuankg@apache.org> wrote:

> BTW. wouldnt it be nice to have these modules use APR|U xml APIs?
> Without looked at your mods I guess the APR|U xml APIs are too poor?

Yes.  apr-xml is a subset of the functionality of expat, which is
in turn a very limited library.

Both the new modules use functionality that doesn't exist in expat.
In the case of mod_proxy_html that's absolutely necessary, whereas
in mod_xml2enc it's mostly just an optimisation compared to using
apr_iconv for all i18n needs.

--
Nick Kew