httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Eric Covener <cove...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: MaxRanges
Date Tue, 06 Sep 2011 16:23:33 GMT
On Tue, Sep 6, 2011 at 9:32 AM, Jim Jagielski <jim@jagunet.com> wrote:

>>> 0 means unlimited - this is consistent across all of our configuration directives.
Please let's not change that here. It's what folks expect it to mean. Let's not surprise them.

>> How about rejecting 0 if it's too loaded/ambiguous? Accept
>> "unlimited", "none" and n>0 ?
>>

> Sounds good… that allows for unlimited and none to be added
> to trunk w/o changing anything in 2.2

Just to make sure we're on the same page -- MaxRanges was not released
yet in 2.2, so we can also update this in 2.2 to avoid confusion over
"0" and the inability to set unlimited.

Thoughts?

--
Eric Covener